A&K Guides: Only the Best
Our A&K Extreme Adventures guides possess a level of leadership second to none. They evaluate every situation afresh, make the correct decision and carry it through with courage and resolve. So whether you're diving alongside whale shark in Belize or trekking toward Mount Everest's base camp, count on your Abercrombie & Kent guides to be experienced, educated and supremely qualified. They have mastered the necessary bush and survival skills, and are sensitive to human capabilities and limitations. Our guides will make the most out of your expedition, which will bring out the best in you.
- Audun Tholfsen
Since he was a teenager, Lillehammer native Audun Tholfsen has immersed himself in the outdoors. He followed his passion into a career in adventure tourism, where he has been a guide on the whitewater rivers in Norway, a snowmobile guide, dog musher and a crewmember on a drift over the Arctic Ocean. Currently, Audun works to provide logistic solutions and field support in Arctic regions.
- Join Audun Tholfsen on Norway: On the Trail of the Polar Bear
- Diaa Shawki Michail
Diaa Shawki Michail has explored the Egyptian desert for 25 years, guiding nearly 5,000 overland expeditions into the White Desert. He has also guided the Egyptian military in search and rescue operations in the desert.
- Join Diaa Shawki Michail on Egypt - Traces of Lost Civilizations
- Diego Blanco
Raised in the rural town of Ciudad Quesada, next to a national park, naturalist guide Blanco was exposed to Costa Rica's rich biodiversity at an early age. He studied tropical biology at the University of Costa Rica and is currently working toward a masters' degree in wildlife management. An avid mountain biker and expert swimmer, Blanco has guided multi-sport and wildlife programs since 2006.
- Join Diego Blanco on Costa Rica: Jungle Canopy to Surging Rapids
- Dismass Mariki
- Dismass Mariki is a 30-year-old, licensed guide who has climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro 176 times. He became inspired by the "White Mountain" while in secondary school, and paid for college by working as an assistant guide on the mountain. In 2003, he completed intensive training with Kilimanjaro National Park to become a head guide.
- Join Dismass Mariki on Mount Kilimanjaro: The Roof of Africa by the Umbwe Route, Mount Kilimanjaro: The Lemosho Route to the Summit, Mount Kilimanjaro: The Lemosho Route to the Summit
- Geoff Somers
Geoff Somers has completed several "firsts," including the then-longest unsupported Arctic journey of 1,400 miles and the first and only crossing of the entire Antarctic continent by its greatest axis, a seven-month, 4,000-mile journey. During both these epic adventures, Geoff oversaw logistics.
- Join Geoff Somers on The South Pole: Conquering the Final Degree
- Hassan Rakmi
Rakmi brings nearly 30 years of experience to every expedition in his beloved Morocco. He earned an English degree from Cadi Ayad University in Marrakech and likes to show visitors Morocco's deep culture and wondrous sites, including Fez, the largest living Islamic medieval city in the world. Rakmi hails from a long line of expert fishermen, and likes to fish in his spare time.
- Join Hassan Rakmi on Morocco: The Desert Road Rally
For the past five years, Karma has led mountain biking groups throughout his native Bhutan. In addition to being an avid mountain biker, Karma also specializes in Buddhism, deriving from a long lineage of great Buddhist masters. Ever the adventurer, Karma recently travelled to India several times to practice meditation.
- Join Karma on Bhutan: Land of the Dragon
- Manuel Rodriguez
Born and bred on the Baja California peninsula, Rodriguez is a keen wildlife observer and a passionate advocate for the area's unique flora and fauna. As one of the most experienced local guides in Baja, he blends a naturalist's perspective of local wildlife with in-depth knowledge of Mexico's unique culture.
- Join Manuel Rodriguez on Mexico: Kayaking the Baja Coast
- Raed Saleem
Raed Saleem has been with A&K since the opening of the Jordan office in 1998, escorting hiking, trekking and camping programs. Raed has a B.A. in Literature from Kuwait University and has attended many training courses and workshops in ecological tourism.
- Join Raed Saleem on Jordan: Ancient Strongholds & Desert Camps